The Amherst Chamber of Commerce provides assistance with the promotion and public relations for ribbon cutting ceremonies and grand openings to its members. The Chamber will also supply ceremonial scissors, ribbon, and provide the business owner with a dated and signed certificate.
THE CHAMBER WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A letter inviting our Erie County Elected Officials to the event
- News release distributed among media outlets and posted on the Chamber’s website
- Inclusion of the event on the Chamber’s website
- Photo/video promotion on the Chamber’s social media accounts
- Ribbon and scissors
- Invitation for Chamber members
THE BUSINESS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Provide the Chamber with a minimum of two weeks advance notice of desired ceremony
- Designate one person to make arrangements and act as the official contact person for the event
- Arrange for a company representative to be at the ribbon cutting and appear in the photo
- Provide refreshments, if desired
If you are interested in holding a ribbon cutting ceremony, please complete the ribbon cutting application.