The Amherst Chamber of Commerce services Small Groups for health, dental and vision insurance.
The Amherst Chamber of Commerce can provide further direction on your small group insurance for your company.
Review the plan options below, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 632-6905 for more information and enrollment forms. We bundle health, dental and vision plan guidance with business assistance and recovery resources.
HEALTH INSURANCE GUIDELINES
Open enrollment occurs from October through December. This is the time to make sure that your health and dental plan benefits are aligned with your projected needs in the coming year.
If you experience insurance loss during the year, the Chamber’s in-house brokerage can assist you in finding new coverage.
The Amherst Chamber of Commerce offers business members a broad selection of plans and has three brokers on staff ready to assist you.
Small Group Insurance (Businesses with Employees) 2024
Small Group insurance is available to business members and/or their employees who work at least 20 hours per week. We are able to deliver small group health insurance in various ways, so a conversation is the next step so we can understand your business structure.
- Plans below are offered through our Amherst Chamber Group and are available with customized billing to your employees.
- Expanded small group plan options are available through our Amherst Chamber brokerage with your carrier of choice, any month of the year.
Please contact the Chamber at 716.632.6905 or email at email@example.com for options available for companies with two (2) or more eligible employees.
Highmark BCBS 2024 Chamber Association Small Group Health Insurance
Independent Health 2024 Chamber Association Small Group Health Insurance
Univera Small Group Health Insurance also available
Health Savings Account (HSA) Contribution Limits & Guidelines
- Contribution Limit Single Coverage $4,150
- Contribution Limit Family Coverage $8,300
- Minimum Deductible Amount Single Coverage $1,600
- Minimum Deductible Amount Family Coverage $3,200
- Maximum out-of-pocket Limit Single Coverage $8,050
- Maximum out-of-pocket Limit Family Coverage $16,100
- Age 55 and older may contribute an additional $1,000 to their annual amount.
- Monthly prorated contributions apply (divisible by 12 months).
- High Deductible health plans must be designated as "qualified" to utilize an HSA.
- You can make pre-tax payroll contributions and have tax free distributions for qualified medical expenses.
- Funds roll-over year after year.
From the IRS: An HSA may receive contributions from an eligible individual or any other person, including an employer or a family member, on behalf of an eligible individual. Contributions, other than employer contributions, are deductible on the eligible individual’s return whether or not the individual itemizes deductions. Employer contributions aren’t included in income. Distributions from an HSA that are used to pay qualified medical expenses aren’t taxed.