The Amherst Chamber of Commerce was created in 1957 by a group of Williamsville businessmen – the majority representing businesses along Main Street. We followed the traditional Chamber model for the next 40-50 years. As technology began the integration into our business and personal lives we recognized that we needed to change our business plan. We were no longer needed to distribute community maps, respond to calls about demographics or hotel amenities, or serve as the information portal for the public. That began our paradigm shift from a community cheerleader to business advocate.
Today, the Amherst Chamber of Commerce remains dedicated to responding to the needs of the business community. We maintain an open dialogue with our members and, as a result, our menu of services is market driven and well received.
While we will continue to remain true to our mission of nurturing a prosperous community, our offerings will diversify as the needs of our members dictate. Building on our strong professional reputation and decades of leadership, the Amherst Chamber of Commerce will continue its legacy as a regional steward and partner for firms large and small in the Buffalo Niagara marketplace.